Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) asks the team for help diagnosing an old friend and former patient in the HOUSE episode "Wilson" airing Monday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
İ2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Michael Yarish/FOX
- November 30, 2009
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- David Foster
- Directed by
- Lesli Linka Glatter
- Turkey hunting season in New Jersey. And after the medical conference because House is still worried about Wilson's state of mind and getting copies of his case files
- Patient of the Week:
- Wilson's friend, Tucker. House thinks he is a "self-important jerk". Wilson gave him six months to live five years ago and they go hunting every year to celebrate. He fires off his rifle and falls to the ground with paralysis during this year's hunting trip.
- How House gets involved:
- Wilson tries to solve it on his own but House gets copies of all of Wilson's case files so he knows what's going on but except for a bet and his insistence that it is cancer and telling Wilson that each of his diagnoses are wrong, House stays out of the case.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- None to speak of. Maybe because it was oriented on Wilson, not House.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- Wilson decides that it is transverse myelitis and is proud of his diagnostic ability coming up with that. But when that doesn't seem to solve the problem, Wilson goes looking for House and finds House's team who suggest infection by the Aspergillus fungus which Wilson accepts. He rushes Tucker into surgery but they find pneumonia instead.
- The final diagnosis
- Turns out Tucker has a new form of leukemia, not a recurrence of what he had five years ago. But the previous chemo has made this new cancer resistent. So Wilson doubles the dose and that kills the cancer but also destroys his liver. Tucker asks for a piece of Wilson's liver and after much agony, Wilson agrees and that gives Tucker more time to live.
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- Wilson mostly.
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- WILSON AND HOUSE WAGER ON A PATIENT ON AN ALL-NEW ³HOUSE²
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, ON FOX
Joshua Malina (³In Plain Sight²) Guest-Stars
When an old friend and former patient (guest star Malina) of Wilsonıs exhibits paralysis in his right arm, Wilson puts himself on the case. House wagers Wilson that the patientıs symptoms are attributed to new cancer cells. Wilson accepts even though he is reluctant to believe the cancer has returned. With the help of the team, Wilson works to diagnose the patient more optimistic results, but when things take a turn for the worse, Wilson must address his inability to separate patient from friend. Meanwhile, Cuddy seeks advice in her search for real estate in the all-new ³Wilson² episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-610) (TV-14 D, L)
- Scene Illustraing Wilson's Normal Diagnostic Skills:
- In doing his rounds of his current patients, Wilson misses the daily visit of a man's family and when he goes in to see him, the man, who has a habit of giving him all the news on his grandkids, says nothing about them. This convinces Wilson that something is wrong and he orders tests an when they come back, he treats something he hadn't known about and then shows the xrays to the patient: "See that small spot at the top of the lung? That was then and this is now."
"It's not too impressive is it? That little dot could have killed me?
"Yeah. Fortunately, we caught it early. It's going to be okay."
"That's amazing. You got all that off me not talking about my grandkids."
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- After Wilson cures Tucker's cancer while destroying his liver, Tucker makes an unusual request of him and on his way home that night, Wilson stops for a drink. When he gets home House pulls out of him, where he has been and Wilson tells him what has been happening. "Tucker wants me to donate a lobe of my liver to him...."
"You're actually considering this? You're pathetic attempt at deflection has guilty written all over it."
"It's my fault...."
"Surprise. Bad things happen to people who are sick. Doesn't make you responsible.... A table is a table.... Don't be a doormat, Wilson."
"Boy, you are----" Wilson is upset by this from a man who took all his frozen dinners out of the freezer to make himself frozen drinks. "You willfully ruined my food and have taken over my living room. Because you already think I'm a doormat. You know what. You're wrong. Clean up your stuff nd get out." Wilson leaves for his bedroom and just before slamming the door repeats. "You're wrong."
- Later Wilson comes to House and tells him, "The operation is in two hours and I'd like you to be there with me.
"Because if you die, I'm alone." But just before Wilson goes under, he sees House watching from the observation deck. And when he wakes up, there is House. And House is there throughout his recovery.
- Tucker's ex wife has been with him and he has given her is medical power of attoney but after he recovers, it is his younger, prettier girlfriend he wants back. He tells Wilson, "The person you want when you're dying isn't the same person you want when you're living."
House later ask Wilson, "You ready to admit he's a self-imporatnt jerk?"
"I still feel good about hwat I did.... I'm a little disappointed."
"Disappointment is anger for wimps. You don't have to be so gentle about everything. It's okay to get angry once in a while."
"You can't change a table."
"Actually, you can. You just need a coat of paint and the guts to use it." That gives Wilson an idea and he calls his ex-wife who has been looking for a place for Cuddy and Lucas and they hadn't bid high enough for a lovely loft and he and House goes to see it and Wilson decides to take it.