- May 4, 2009
Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) tries to help House (Hugh Laurie) make an important change in his life in the HOUSE episode "Under My Skin" airing Monday, May 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Darren Michaels/FOX
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Pamela Davis & Lawrence Kaplow
- Directed by
- David Straiton
- Probably about two days after the bachelor party.
- Patients of the Week
- Ballerina collapses during rehearsals. Her lungs keep collapsing.
- House decides he needs medical help for his hallucinations.
- How House gets involved:
- Foreman comes to his door with the file. House says he is taking a personal day (since he is trying to keep himself sane when he knows he is going insane). Foreman tells him that Cuddy says if he doesn't come in and work on the case, she will fire him. He goes.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
House thinks ballerina has pneumonia and so prescribes antibiotics but her skin starts falling off (caused by "toxic epidermal necrolysis" which is a one in a million possibility). Team needs a look at her heart but they have to stop the heart in order to MRI it. Foreman thinks he saw a shadow before they had to restart her heart.
House (Hugh Laurie) and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) share an intimate moment in the HOUSE episode "Under My Skin" airing Monday, May 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Darren Michaels/FOX
- House claims to think it is sleep apnea but the side of his brain that Amber represents says this doesn't fit at all. Then he and Wilson search for a possible infection. Then House suggests that the guilt he feels for causing the skin problem for the ballerina is a symptom of MS. The only other two possibilities House can think of are schizophrenia or Vicodin abuse. Wilson is sure it is Vicodin abuse but House wants to try everything else before settling on that.
- The final diagnosis
- Ballerina has gonorrhea which led to an abscess in her heart. After many problems, Chase removes the abscess but causes gangrene and so he feels he needs to amputate hands and feet. She refuses. Taub comes up with the only possible way to save her using vasodilators. Chase does the procedure and it works to the amazement of all of them.
- Vicodin abuse and when Cuddy helps House detox, his hallucination seems to go away
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
- House detoxes with Cuddy's help.
- The wedding is off between Chase and Cameron.
- House and Cuddy have sex.
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- House has taken his phone off the hook and is trying to take a "personal day" watching something on TV about elephants while trying to ignore Amber (something he is pretty sure he can't do around other people). She asks, "Are you going to annoy me all day, again? I help you."
"You tried to kill Chase."
"Doing what you wanted. That's all, Boss."
Amber moves in front of the TV to block his view. "I exist."
"No, you don't." Amber looks at him and he goes on. "I acknowledge my subconsience exists. Now go away."
There is a knock on the door (Foreman bringing him the latest case). As he gets up to answer, Amber tells him, "Saying it is one thing. Living it is another. You're not rational. Not completely."
- Cameron tells Chase, "I have my husband's sperm."
Chase is shocked. "Your dead husband's?"
"We froze it when he got diagnosed."
"And you kept it? All this time?"
"I used to think if I didn't find anyone, then I'd---"
"You found someone."
"I know but---"
Chase finishes her thought, "What if it goes wrong? What if I turn out to be a-a radical anarchist with a secret family and that I age backwards?"
"Nobody plans on getting divorce I didn't plan on my husband dying. But he did."
"So you- you're saying you want a prenup in liquid form?"
House has told Wilson he is seeing Kutner. He later starts talking about "her" and he admits he is seeing Amber. Wilson is surprised. "Your subconscious picked my dead girlfriend?"
Click picture above for best selling T-shirts
Add at bottom of page takes you to just House
"Yeah. The irrational part of my brain works like the rational part of yours. How about that?"
"It raises questions."
Amber jumps into the conversation even though only House can hear her. "It answers questions."
"Who cares. I've got competing ideas. They can't both be right."
Amber answers him. "Everybody gets competing ideas. Everybody has doubts."
House asks Wilson to evaluate his idea to stop the patient's heart in order to do an MRI. "So is it regular radical, me radical, or me out of my mind radical?"
Wilson responds to his question about what he wants to do for the patient, "It's on the upper end of you radical. Do you have any alternative?"
"Nothing that anyone in my head has come up with."
"Then you're as safe as you can be."
- House puts himself into insulin shock and Wilson saves his life and for a little while Amber seems to be gone. When she returns, House agrees to go to rehab but Amber points out that "We have always found a way to cheat."
House realizes it wont work and instead goes to Cuddy asking her to see him through withdrawal because she knows all his tricks and indeed she stop him from getting to any of his Vicodin and he gets through the worst of the withdraw and Amber disappears finally."
- Chase tells Cameron, "I can't do it." He acknowledges her situation. "You have doubts."
"Well that's --- naive. I-I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you. That's how I feel right now. But I don't know."
"I'll wait until you do."
"I-I can't know. no--no one knows."
- As Cuddy leaves, House says, "Thank you."
"You want to kiss me, don't you."
"I always want to kiss you." And they do and that leads to other things.