- April 27, 2009
House (Hugh Laurie) and his team treat a deaf high school wrestler in the HOUSE episode "House Divided" airing Monday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Matthew V. Lewis & Liz Friedman
- Directed by
- Greg Yaitanes
- Soon after Chase and Cameron get engaged, they see no reason to wait and plan to get married in two weeks.
- Patient of the Week:
- Seth Miller, now a 14 year on his school wrestling team became deaf from meningitis when he was four. During a match, he suddenly hears loud explosions inside his head.
- How House gets involved:
- Called in after another night of insomnia and hallucinations of Amber.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- House causes chemical burns to a dead body then adds that to the death certificate.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- House thinks Seth has had a seizure and tries to cause another to prove it but the lights cause the patient to lose is sight in one eye. Taub suggests sarcoidosis but House decides it is heart related. But House has been taken off the case (for having a cochlear implant put in against the stated wishes of Seth and his mother) and Foreman put in charge so House doesn't get to stress the patient but Seth does it himself by tearing out the implant. House then diagnoses MS and that seems to settle the matter.
- The final diagnosis
- House no longer trusts himself (he is divided into two people (himself and Amber) and still hasn't slept well. Foreman sees tobacco stains and finds out Seth has been chewing which has suppressed sarcoidosis until he stopped chewing. So Taub's earlier suggestion is finally used by Foreman to save the patient.
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
- Chase is allergic to strawberries.
- House admits to Cuddy, "I haven't slept through the night since Kutner killed himself."
- Early on House describes imaginary Amber as "an all access pass to my own brain." But later House stops trusting information from this source.
- House wants to talk to himself/Amber and so he puts a bluetooth in his ear so it appears he is having a cell phone conversation.
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- House sends Foreman and 13 to scout strippers for Chase's bachelor party. Thirteen seems turned on by the strippers which doesn't seem to bother Foreman at all. They bring back a file and Forman says, "We brought pictures."
Thirteen says, "The fact that you sent me on a scouting mission---"
Amber's part of his brain says, "No skirts." as House says, "You're not on the guest list. Bachelor parties are an ancient and sacred male rite of passage."
Foreman glances at Thirteen to see how she is going to take this and after adding a little to the medical discussion, she says, "If I get drunk enough there's a chance I might make out with one of the strippers. Or become one."
Amber's eyes get wide as she says at the same time House does, "Sold." Foreman gives Thirteen a slight wink.
- Wilson tells Chase, "The main reason my third wife and I eloped was to avoid House's bachelor party." Wilson sees that he hasn't really convinced Chase of the danger he faces. He goes on, "Have you seen Caligula?"
House comes into Wilson's office for a consult and while getting it asks Chase, "Is he telling you to avoid the party?"
Wilson defends himself. "I took an oath to do no harm."
"Sure. Don't come. If you want your wedding vows to be meaningless."
This non-sequitur gets Chase curious. "This should be interesting."
"You are going to commit to that one special woman forever. Which is beautiful. But if your commitment the day after the wedding is the same as your commitment the day before then the wedding meant nothing. So, and I see no logical way around this if you want your marriage to matter, you have to be a wanton, trolling muck-covered pig the day before."
"You're evil. See ya."
After Chase leaves and after the consult, Wilson tells House, "I'm not going to the bachelor party. Every time I go to one of your parties, I end up embarrassing myself in some new and unexpected way."
"That whole thing with the duck was hardly unexpected."
"I'm not going."
"Okay." Amber's part of his brain objects. "It's not okay."
After House tricks Chase into putting an implant into the patient against the express wishes of both the boy and his mother, Cuddy puts Foreman in charge of the case. House goes to Wilson. "Why aren't you in my office?"
Click picture above for all House shirts
"Because I know what the word 'my' means?"
"I did something insane and you're not all over me analyzing why."
"It was nice."
This confuses House. "I gave that idiot an implant to prove to him what an idiot he's been. How is that nice?"
"You didn't do it to solve the case. You didn't do it to save his life. You did it to make his life better. It was a caring act. It was immoral and illegal but baby steps."
Amber tells House, "It doesn't sound like us."
"You can't make me go to the bachelor party."
"And you're okay with that?"
"What choice do I have?"
- Chase comes to House. "I need to talk about the bachelor party."
"Excellent topic choice." House had been afraid Chase would want to talk about how he fooled him into making the implant. "Surgery's so boring. And my lying to you is just so yesrterday."
"It's my fault for letting you talk me into the implant. Cameroin is not going to be happy about this party."
"But you on the other hand---"
"Plan on spending the rest of my life with Cameron."
"So, I need to cancel the Fart Band?"
"I need you to kidnap me."
"Spoken like a true Aussie."
- At the party Chase goes into an allergic reaction to the strawberries is a stripper's body butter and House realizes that he knew deliberately caused this. So he asks himself/Amber, "I tried to kill Chase. Why would I do that? I don't want Cameron."
Amber as a part of himself says, "You're not a big fan of other people's happiness, either."
- House holds the bachelor party in Wilson's apartment so, of course, he does go to it. The next morning House goes to Cuddy. "I need sleeping pills. I was gonna to hit up Wilson but he's not answering his phone."
"He must have left it in his pants which he wasn't wearing when the police found him trying to walk home; oddlyt from his own apartment."
She writes the script but then holds it out of reach. "...House please talk to me."
"I haven't slept through the night since Kutner killed himself."