- December 2, 2008 (note: runs 62 min)
Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) moves into House's (Hugh Laurie) office
in the HOUSE episode "Let Them Eat Cake" airing
Tuesday, Dec. 2 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2008 Fox Broadcasting Co.
Credits: Adam Taylor/FOX
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Russel Friend & Garrett Lerner
- Directed by
- Deran Sarafian
- Patient of the Week:
- A thirty year-old fitness "guru" collapses.
- How House gets involved:
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- Foreman, having learned from House's techniques, breaks into Thirteen's house and tells her that he found that she really has been following all of his "instructions, to the letter. Probably better than any patient I have, so why are you the only one who can't show up for appointments."
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- Patient's heart stops during the first test they do on her. A CT shows that she has had gastric bypass surgery. But that doesn't seem to help figure out her problem. House suggests sleep apnea and a sleep test is done. It is discovered that she has lost sensation and is losing muscle strength in her arms. Guillain-Barre and prion disease are suggested.
- The final diagnosis
- House diagnoses hereditary coproporphyria which can be controlled by a high carbohydrate diet but she refuses to get fat again and so will take medication to control her symptoms.
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information
- Thirteen has flashbacks to living with her mother at the height of her Huntington's disease.
- Kutner is up late alot and watches informercials and House derides him for possibly believing what he sees on TV.
- After tests for the clinical trial, Foreman informs Thirteen that her nerves have started degenerating.
- Kutner has set up an online second opinion clinic using House's name. When he asks Taub's opinion on a case and Taub threatens to expose him if he doesn't cut him in on the deal. Later when they need additional help, they go to Chase who also insists on being cut in on the deal. At the end House basically talkes over the whole thing and most of the profits but has them doing most of the work.
- House gets Cuddy's desk from med school and puts it in her redecorated office.
- At the end Cuddy goes up to House's office and discovers him with the woman he hired to scare Kutner and Taub to letting him in on the online second opinion deal.
Kutner (Kal Penn), Chase (Jesse Spencer) and Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) discuss a case in the HOUSE episode "Let Them Eat Cake" airing Tuesday, Dec. 2 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2008 Fox Broadcasting Co. Cr: Adam Taylor/FOX
©2008 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
- Additional Resources
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Kal Penn as Dr. Lawrence Kutner; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen
Guest Cast: Samantha Shelton as Emmy; Becky Baeling as Deedee; Brad Grunberg as Irv; David Lengel as Video Director; Christopher Stapleton as John Hadley; Nicole Cannon as Nurse; Lori Petty as Janice; Julia Putnam as Young Thirteen (age 9); Danielle Petty as Anne Hadley
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes
Cuddy slips into an elevator with House and asks, "Any idea why we'r getting half as many requests for you as usual?"
"Democrats health care plan?"
"At least we have one case that looks intriguing. Thirty year old fitness trainer suddenly can't breath, collapses and breaks her ankle."
House reaches over and grabs the file from her hands which surprises her. "That's it? You're not gonna argue why this case is beneath you?"
"No point. I'm in an elevator. Can't run away."
"You can't run away anyway."
"That's just mean."
When Cuddy stays with him as they leave the elevator, he asks, "Why are we still together?'
"We're going to our office."
"Pronoun confusion. Starts kicking in once you pass child-bearing age."
"Well, that's just mean. My office was recently destroyed. I thought I'd use the office of the doctor directly responsible."
"I think the patient holding the gun to my head was actually the one directly responsible."
"My desk won't fit in his cell."
"You can use our outer office."
- House interrupts a phone call Cuddy is on to ask, "Have you seen my balls?" She tells the person on the line to hold on and looks at House expectantly. "My balls. Have you seen my balls. Giant one and the red one?"
"Your plan isn't going to work."
"Of course it is. I try to make you miserable to make you leave. You deny that it is making you miserable. You try to make me miserable so I'll stop making you miserable so I'll stop making you miserable and eventually you will leave citing reasons that have nothing to do with misery."
"You're not bothering me."
"Step one complete."
Cuddy tells the person on the line, "I'm gonna call you back from my cell." She then tell House, "And then I will come back in here." She uses her cell and tells the person on the line, "Hey. Yeah, I just had to explain to him that I had his balls and he's not getting them back."
- Later Cuddy and Wilson have a short conversation starting with Wilson asking her, "House's office? Really?"
"Did he send you here to beg for it back?"
"Well, there are dozens of other doctors---"
"Other doctors actually use their offices for crazy stuff like seeing patients. Not throwing a ball against the wall and calling it work."
"It's his process. That ball saves lives."
"Did he give you talking points?"
"Yeah but I added one of my own: Don;'t take his office and pretend like all you're doing is taking his office. You chose his room because you want to be there. Sitting near him isn't gonna to get it done."
"Leave her now or I'll take your office."
"No. You won't." But he does leave.
- House wants to do a brain biopsy on the patient but Cuddy insists he rule out other things first. He tell her, "You're not stopping me for medical reasons, you're stopping me because you have the hots for me."
She gets up and moves over to him. "You're still here because you have the hots for me."
"Evidenced by the fact that I'm the one that moved into your office---"
"It's the biggest office and I'm not the one that destroyed---"
They are now standing fairly close. "Why are you dressed like that? Why do you try so hard to get my attention? Are you screwing with me?"
"Are you screwing with me?"
"Depends on your answer."
"Everybody knows this is going somewhere. I think we're supposed to kiss now."
"We already did that." So, he put his hand on her breast and said, "Seemed like the logical next step."
"Really? I'm an idiot for being surprised."