- November 25, 2008 (note: runs 67 min)
When a gunman (Zeljko Ivanek) comes into the clinic demanding to be treated, House (Hugh Laurie), Thirteen (Olivia Wilde) and a group of patients are held hostage in the HOUSE episode "Last Resort" airing Tuesday, Nov. 25 (8:00-9:07 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Also pictured: Evan Jones.
©2008 Fox Broadcasting Co.
Credits: Richard Foreman/FOX
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Teleplay by
- Matthew V. Lewis & Eli Attie
- Story by
- Matthew V. Lewis
- Directed by
- Katie Jacobs
- Yppah's "It's Not the Same"
- Clark's "Herzog"
- "Glue of the World" from Four Tet
- "A Chronicle of Early Failures, Part 1" from The Dead Texan
- Bonobo's "Between the Lines"
- Soon after the last few episodes
- Patient of the Week:
- Jason who takes House and others hostage in an effort to finally learn what is causing his symptoms. He forces others to take whatever medicine House tries on him. After the first person, all other medication is given to Thirteen first and so Thirteen becomes a second patient as she develops kidney failure due to taking some of the medicine.
- How House gets involved:
- He gets taken hostage by the patient
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- House giving the gun back to the patient thus risking not only his own life but Thirteen's and a patient's. Plus those trying to rescue them. (He should have been arrested for it.)
- Preliminary diagnoses
- The final diagnosis
- Melioidosis, which the doctors had originally rules out because the patient hadn't been to any tropical places but at the end the patient reveals he has been to Florida.
- Clinic Patient
- Additional Information
- Chase refuses to get involved from the beginning.
- Thirteen, who at first doesn't seem to care whether she lives or dies, decides by the end that she wants to live and so enrolls in Foreman's clinical trial.
- ---More to Come---
A gunman (guest star Zeljko Ivanek) demanding to be treated holds House (Hugh Laurie), Thirteen an a group of clinic patients hostage in the HOUSE episode "Last Resort" airing Tuesday, Nov. 25 (8:00-9:07 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2008 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
- Additional Resources
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Kal Penn as Dr. Lawrence Kutner; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen
Guest Cast: Zeljko Ivanek as Jason; Wood Harris as Bowman; Tracy Vilar as Nurse Regina; Evan Peters as Oliver; Sarah Thompson as Nikki; Alex Sol as Larry; Natasha Gregson Wagner as Sandra; Evan Jones as Bill; Marcus Chait as Mitch; Jack Guzman as Security Guard #1
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes