House (Hugh Laurie) and Foreman (Omar Epps) treat a doctor stationed at the South Pole via webcam in the HOUSE episode "Frozen" airing immediately following Super Bowl XLII on Sunday, Feb. 3 on FOX.
©2007 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/NBC Universal/FOX
- February 3, 2008 (after the Super Bowl)
- Download this episode
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our pages to order your download)
- Written by
- Liz Friedman
- Directed by
- David Straiton
- Music (we need to track these down - anyone with information, please email us)
- "for the next two months, winds make it impossible to fly anything in or out." Are such winds associated with Anartic winter or summer?
2009 Calendar; Due Out July 1, 2008
- Patient of the Week:
- Dr. Cate Milton, who is a psychiatrist stationed at the South Pole who has pain in her abdomen. This was inspired by (but is very different from) the real life situation of Jerri Nielsen
- House thinks there is a problem with her kidneys (Struvite Stone), then thinks it is cancer then that it is autoimmune. For each diagnosis House wants her to use up medicine they have there that other people in the station need or might need.
- The final diagnosis
- She has a broken toe which is leaking bone marrow into the bloodstream. When the toe is set, the symptoms disappear.
- Clinic Patient
- Additional Information
- House's home computer is a Mac notebook. Last week, the patient also had a Mac. Is this product placement or do the people of House just all use Macs?
- Quotes (Quotations), Dialogue
House tells Wilson about his patient: "She's annoying. Refuses to take the antibiotics because other people might need them."
There are four designs
"She says she cares about other people? What a poser.... You don't like her because she's a psychiatrist."
"I'm a complicated man. I loathe her for many reasons."
"Never before has a profession been so decried by someone who needed it so badly."
As the conversation continues into medical issues, House realizes that Wilson is responding calmly to House jerking him around. When he accuses Wilson of not analyzing or complaining as he usually does, Wilson explains, "I was being mature."
"In a lavender shirt. You, for some reason, are happy."
"How dare you." Wilson returns the conversation back to medicine and House later brings it back.
"You're wearing that shirt for someone."
"The Health Department. They frown on topless oncology.
- House wants to watch the patient do a lymph node examination from home. She objects. He insists it is medical, but she asks to see his place and says, "I am not undressing for you in your apartment.... I'm not taking off my clothes.... Show me your place.... I am not exposing myself without some reciprocity."
"It's my apartment. It's not my soul." She doesn't budge so he gives in and points his Mac camera at his place, trying to do so quickly but she makes him slow down.
"Huh. Lots of books. I'm betting all medical.... Fiction is a waste of time unless you can laugh at it?
"I love to laugh."
Again he tries to go quickly but she makes him back up and then asks, "How bad in the insomnia?" He looks around to see what she is seeing. "Let me clarify that, do you drink two or three scotches before passing out in front of the TV?"
"You are so far off. It's bourbon."
"No photos anywhere. Family and friends aren't important?"
House says that she is sick but the people in her compound haven't visited from which he deduces, "You don't like people. You hide on that ice cube so people—"
"Stop projecting. You're anti-social so you assume I'm anti-social?
"How about if I just get naked and you shut up."
"If I thought I could get you naked, I would have led with that. You'd rather show me your soul than your leg."
"Great. You've got me all figured out. You gonna try and fix me now?"
"I never said you needed fixing."
- Wilson talks the patient through examing the lymph node biopsy. She tells him she emailed some people about the hospital about him. Wilson is surprised. "You're checking up on me, not House?"
"Yeah, well, House is straightforward, brilliant and an ass."
"Two out of three good qualities --- clear majority."
"Whereas you, on the other hand, have a perfect score. You are responsible, nice, human. And yet you're House's best friend."
"Hold there! Makes you think he's secretly nicer than he seems?"
"Makes me think that you're secretly a lot less nice than you seem."
"You always insult your doctors?"
"It's not an insult. Indiscriminate niceness is overrated."
"No wonder he likes you.
- House has asked his patient if she is and Wilson is surprised. Later in the elevator, Wilson repeats, "Are you okay?"
"It's a valid medical question."
"I have never heard you ask a patient that question. You've never asked me that question, you've seen me fall down a flight of stairs drunk. You've slept with her."
"She's 9,000 miles away. And while a certain part of me unfurled—"Š
"No, youŠ Somehow you've been intimate with her. Why are you following me?"
"Thought you were following me."
"No, you are definitely following me."
"Where are you going?"
"Out to lunch."
"You never go out to lunch. Means there's a reason you're going out to lunch. I assume that reason is a human being."
"Or a sandwich."
"Sandwiches can come here."
"So can human beings."
"Yet she's not, which I find interesting."
"I'm leaving now."
House follows, "Small world."
"Are you going to follow me into my car?"
"It's got two doors."
"Okay, look. The reason I haven't told you is—" Then while House has his guard down, Wilson turns and sprints for the door. House knows he has no chance to catch him.
- The hospital is no longer providing free cable TV and House watch to watch cable stations. Cameron is on the committee that controls that, he demands that she help and she refuses and even resigns from the committee. So, House sics his team on her to force her to get back on the committee and help him. But then Cuddy tells him, she had to fire Cameron and House goes to his team. "You got Cameron fired."
Taub tells him, "Cuddy wasn't supposed to find out."
"No kidding! Get me cable. How tough can that be? Cost a woman her job. There's only one thing you can say to keep me from firing you.
Thirteen tries with, "Cameron wasn't fired."
Taub says, "You know?"
Kutner is confused. "We're still fired?"
"That should be a hint as to what you're supposed to say."
Taub tries, "We're sorry."
Kutner gets desperate, "I love you."
Thirteen asks, "This is a game? First we have to screw with our co-worker and now we have to try to figure out what you want us to say? This is insane. I'm not playing."
"Right. You should've said this two days ago. Do not play games with me. Number one, you're going to lose, you're just not ready. Number two, the game was to force you to stop playing games. I need you to stand up to me. Challenge me. I need you to stop worrying about getting fired. Go pay for my cable."
Kutner is trying to be what House wants, "No!"
"I didn't mean on this. Seriously, I need cable."
- House follows Wilson to a restaurant. Wilson, who is alone when he walks up, says, "Damn. Thought I lost you when I walked backwards through my own footprints in the snow."
"I think I've got it narrowed down to three possibilities."
"Better leave, if you see her, it'll be cheating."
"It's not one of your ex-wives."
"Because they hate me."
"They don't. They should, but they don't. I called them. Someone new, but someone I know."
"Did you ever consider being happy for me?"
"Briefly. You ordering the wine before she got here—"
"Girls are good, House. And you know it. You solved your case because you cared about that girl."
"You're demonstrating the illusion of manly confidence. Which means you haven't closed the deal yet."
"I closed the deal. I just like her."
"You knew your patient hated having cold feet because you did a physical exam, because you liked her."
"Your theory is I cared, therefore I let her keep her socks on? If that's what love is, then I don't want to have anything to do with it."
"It starts with warm feet but leads to other things. Your mum and I will explain when you're older."
"If I'd made her take them off like I should've, I would've seen the toe and would've solved the case days ago."
"But you don't care about her."
Amber walks up in time to hear that and tells them, "Of course not. House doesn't care about anyone.... Sorry I'm late."
House is surprised and finally says, "Cut Throat Bitch?"
Wilson stood up to kiss her while House was speechless, "I call her Amber. Was she on your list?"