House (Hugh Laurie) and Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) discuss the holiday season in the HOUSE episode "It's a Wonderful Lie" airing Tuesday, Jan. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2007 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
- January 29, 2008
- Download this episode
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our pages to order your download)
- Written by
- Pamela Davis
- Directed by
- Matt Shakman
- Music (links to downloads, more later today):
- Christmas (2008)
- Patient of the Week:
- A mother who claims she never lies.
- How House gets involved:
- His team are first seen discussing it
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- House sends people out to search the home and bring in their computers. Also he tried to talk the daughter into lying to her mother.
- They think she is dying and tell her so and then House figures out what is really happening
- The final diagnosis
- Breast cancer in a tumor in her leg.
- Clinic Patient(s)
- A sex worker/prostitute who House first diagnoses with strep and then when he figures out she works with a donkey, he says it is contagious ecthyma.
- Additional Information
- House decides to sow trouble on his team by playing secret Santa and giving everyone his name.
House's (Hugh Laurie) new team and old team celebrate the holidays together in the HOUSE episode "It's a Wonderful Lie" airing Tuesday, Jan. 29 (9-10 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Pictured L-R: Peter Jacobson, Jesse Spencer, Jennifer Morrison, Hugh Laurie, Omar Epps, Olivia Wilde, Kal Penn.
©2007 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit:Adam Taylor/NBC Universal/FOX
- Additional Info on this episodes:
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase.
Guest Cast: Janel Moloney as Maggie; Liana Liberato as Jane; Cheyenne Wilbur as Minister; Scotty Maguire as Bystander, Jennifer Hall as Melanie; Anthony Starke as Roger; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
- Quotes (Quotations), Dialogue (not complete or checked)
- Taub about House: "He lies"
House comes up behind him, "My ears are burning."
- House tells Wilson, "There's a reason everybody lies. It works. It allows society to function. It's what separates man from beast."
"Oh. I thought that was our thumbs.... I'm sorry I missed rehearsals. Am I taking the 'Truth is Good' side? Don't you usually take that?"
House complains to Cuddy after Taub delivered a report, "See. Clear, simple statement of facts describing their cooperation with no attitude or fear."
2009 Calendar; Due Out July 1, 2008
Although Cuddy knows House she is being sarcastic when she says, "Something's gotta be done."
"Oh yeah." Cuddy makes a face after he turns away.
- Patient's daughter (who House talked to) tells Taub and Foreman, "Your boss is weird."
Taub answers, "Yeah, he is. He thought he'd get information you have not been telling us by—
Patient who is also in the room, puts in, "Being a jerk?"
"You'd be surprised how often it works."
Patient's daughter asks, "Why would people lie to a doctor."
Foreman answers her, "Dozens of reasons to lie, only one reason to tell the truth."
"You've never even been tempted?"
"Lies do sometimes smooth things out and make life easy."
The patient asks, "Yeah. Your life easy?"
Foreman admits, "Not even close."
- Kutner asks 13 why she is pushing her belief in the patient not lying, against House's position. "I'm not the one who has based his entire world view on the proposition. If I'm wrong, so what?
At this point Kutner changes the subject to something House has mentioned. "So, you're getting Huntington's?"
"But House said you—"
"If I wanted to talk about it, why didn't I bring it up?"
- House is trying to guess the password on the computer when 13 leans over and tells him to try it blank. When that works, she says, "Tough to get into the head of someone who actually trusts people, huh?"
- House tells Wilson, "I saw something amazing. Pure truth. She told her mother that she was dying. Stripped her of all hope."
"That sounds horrible...."
Missing dialogue to come.
"She cared. She did it anyway. She did it because she cared."