- First Broadcast
Although he tried to avoid them, House (Hugh Laurie)
spends some time with his parents (Lee Ermey and Diane Baker)
in the HOUSE episode "Daddy's Boy"
airing Tuesday, Nov. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
İ2005 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Jaimie Trueblood//FOX.
- November 8, 2005
- Writer / Director
- Thomas L Moran / Greg Yaitanes
- Timeline info
- "Spring Break was over a month ago" and it is around graduation time which places the episode around May.
- The patient
- A newly graduated student named Carnell who suddenly started experiencing shocks.
- How House gets involved
- Wilson claims that House accepted the case when Wilson lent him $5000. House claims that when he said he would do anything for the $5000, he didn't mean "anything" but the symptoms are too unusual to ignore.
- The mis-diagnoses
- They test for NF2 (an inherited disease), then they diagnose transverse myelitis and need to find a cause for that. They come up with pesticides as the cause. Foreman complains, "You have no evidence to support a poisoning diagnosis.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- None really.
- The final diagnosis
- Radiation poisoning from an object his father had given him from his junk yard. And he has a cavernous angioma within his spinal cord, which is what has been causing the shocks. And because of all this, his ability to fight off infections is gone and that seems likely to kill him.
- The clinic patient(s)
- Notable incident(s)
- We meet House's parents. Ane House has a new portable gaming system: "mysticowl" posted at Television Without Pity's House Forum "House traded in his Nintendo SP for a PSP! Wonder why not a Nintendo DS?"
- For more information on this episode:
- Cameron: "Can I subpoena a patient? House wants me to lie to the kid to get him in here."
Cuddy: "Well then you'll be the one getting the subpoena."
Cameron: "Well, we do need him to diagnose his friend."
Cuddy: "Take the test to the kid."
Cameron: "There is no test. House just wants to look at it."
Cuddy: "Then take House to it."
Cameron: "Yeah, like that's going to happen."
Cuddy: "Tell House his parents called. Said they were coming in early. He'll go anywhere just to avoid them."
Cameron: "So, its okay to lie to House but not to a patient?"
- See other selections of music and songs played during the first half of the second season of "House".