Although he tried to avoid them, House (Hugh Laurie)
spends some time with his parents (Lee Ermey and Diane Baker)
in the HOUSE episode "Daddy's Boy"
airing Tuesday, Nov. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2005 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Jaimie Trueblood//FOX.
- Diane Baker as Blythe House;
- House's Father
- R. Lee Ermey as John House
- What House Says about His Parents:
- House: "I can't lie to my mom. Seriously, I can't".... [much later he explains] "My mom's a human polygraph." [#205]
- House [about his parents]: "I don't hate her. I hate him." [#205]
- House to Cameron about his parents after she met them for a moment: "They seem perfectly pleasant, don't they? They are. He was a Marine pilot. She was a housewife. Married 47 years. They had one child. My mom is just like everyone else. She's nice enough. Great sense of humor. Hates confrontation. My dad's just like you. Not the caring-till-your-eyes-pop-out part. Just the insane moral compass that won't let you lie to anybody about anything. It's a great quality for boy scouts and police witnesses. Crappy quality for a dad." [#205 "Daddy's Boy"]
- What House's Parents Say about Him:
- House's father, John House: "You know what your problem is, Greg? ...You just don't know how lucky you are." [#205]
- House's mother, Blythe House [sarcastically]:"You're absolutely perfect just the way you are." [to which House laughs] [#205 "Daddy's Boy"]
- What Others Say about House's Relationship with His Parents:
- Cameron to Wilson: "Why does he hate seeing his parents? So his dad tells the truth. He can't handle that?"
Wilson: "He hates being a disappointment."
Cameron: "He's a doctor. World famous. How disappointed can they be?"
Wilson: "You know what I figure is worse than watching your son become crippled? Watching him be miserable." [#205]