Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) brings House (Hugh Laurie) some good news in the HOUSE episode "Teamwork" airing Monday, Nov. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Chris Haston/FOX
- November 16, 2009
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Eli Attie
- Directed by
- David Straiton
- Thirteen is back from Thailand
- Patient of the Week:
- Hank, which is his porn star name, starts off with a headache but when the lights are put on him, he collapses in pain.
- How House gets involved:
- Foreman wants to take the case of a limp baby but just then House gets his medical license back and is back in charge and gets his wish to treat a porn star.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- House manipulates the people on his team and those who have left even to maybe letting the patient suffer though he knows the answer so that he can get Taub and Thirteen to come up with the answer and feel so good about what they do that they come back. Cameron thinks he knew the answer all along and he doesn't deny her accusation
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- Tumor, seizure, Vitamin D deficiency, Meningococcemia, and when the patient doesn't react to antibiotics, Taub suggests (from his new practice) sinus infection and on that Chase drains Hank's sinuses. Then they discover worms (strongyloides) throughout his body and they get rid of them. Now the patient is dying.
- The final diagnosis
- extraintestinal Crohn¹s disease which the worms was actually keeping at bay due to his extra clean childhood. Treatment includes giving him the worms back.
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- Taub and Thirteen, but Cameron thinks House knew all along.
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- HOUSE PLAYS DIRTY ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE"
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, ON FOX
After House¹s medical license is reinstated, he reclaims his role as Head of Diagnostics in time to treat Hank Hardwick (guest star Troy Garity), an adult film star admitted to Princeton Plainsboro for pulsating eye pain. Meanwhile, Cuddy is reminded that the hospital is not conducive to healthy personal relationships, and House angles to form a dream team in the all-new "Teamwork" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Nov. 16 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-608) (TV-14 D, L)
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- Wilson wonders why House wants the old team and tells him, "There are a thousand people in the world who want to be on your staff,but you're going after the four who don't.... you went all the way the way up to the medical conference to cozy up to Cuddy. Instead she's dating one of the two people in the world you think of as a friend.... I suppose throwing yourself into your work isn't the worst thing you could do."
- Wilson complains to Cuddy that House is stalking his old team and she says she doesn't have time to deal with it and is going to live her own life. Later at home with Lucas, she is climbing the walls telling him what Wilson said about House. Lucas tells her, "Look our relationship is gonna be about House or it's gonna be about us. I vote for it being about us."
"Well, House is gonna make it about him for us."
"This is very insulting. You're apparentntly shocked by this which means that you thought there was some way that we could date, get married, have two kids, a dog, retire to Florida all without House finding out. Or you thought that we wouldn't date all that long. The first means you're delusional. The second means I'm delusional. Technically, it could also mean you thought House had matured, but then we're back to your being—" (makes cukoo whistle and signs at his head)
"Shut up. You're right. I'm sorry."
"I'm also flattered. Yeah. 'cause you acted all cool and everything with Wilson, but you feel comforable enough with me that you can freak out." Cuddy smiles at his detective analysis.
- In his effort to get his team back House talks to Cameron and Chase separately about their decision to leave the hospital immediately. He doesn't get far with Cameron but he later asks Chase why she forgave him. Chase tells him, "She forgave me because I feel guilty."
"That works too."
"And now you expect me to ask you what the 'too' refers to."
"Only if you're interested. Only if you have doubts about her answer." Chase turns to leave. But House tells him anyway, "She thinks you don't have anything to feel guilty about. Because you didn't kill anybody. I did. She blames me for Dibala's murder, not you.... I created the big, bad, evil climate that allowed it to happen."
"Powerful counter argument."
"Why are you doing this? Why are you trying to screw things up?"
"You've got the tense wrong. This is already screwed up which is why you don't just want to work for me. You need to. Cameron thinks you're my personal sock puppet. If you don't stay its gonna be hard to prove you're not."
- ---More to Come---