House (Hugh Laurie) and Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) hit the poker table at a hospital benefit in the HOUSE episode
"All In" airing Tuesday, April 11 (9-10 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2006 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Isabella Vosmikova/FOX.
- April 11, 2006
- Writer / Director
- David Fpster / Fred Gerber
- The patient of the week
- Ian Alston, six years old (and a woman who died 12 years ago).
- How House gets involved
- House, Wilson and Cuddy are playing poker at an "Oncology Benefit" in the clinic of the hospital when a doctor reports to Cuddy on her case and that report interests House.
- The mis-diagnoses
- House thinks from the beginning that it is Erdheim-Chester, but the tests come out negative. Since the tests were negative, they search for something else, but nothing really fits so House does a biopsy on a mass they discover in Ian's heart which brings on cardiac arrest.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- House takes over Cuddy's case without telling her (and telling his team that she turned over the case to him).
- The final diagnosis
- Erdheim-Chester, an abnormal growth of some of the cells that fight infection.
- The clinic patient(s)
House (Hugh Laurie) and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) attend
a hospital benefit in the HOUSE episode "All In"
airing Tuesday, April 11 (9-10 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2006 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Isabella Vosmikova/FOX.
- Additional information on this episode:
- Quotes (Quotations and Dialogue) from the episode:
Cuddy to House after she has called Wilson's poker bet: "My stack's bigger than your stack. You in or out?"
House: "You know that relative to their size, gorillas have smaller testicles than humans."
Cuddy: "Well then you'd probably have an edge over a gorilla, but not over me."
House: "Reason is, primate teste size inversely corresponds to the fidelity of our females."
Wilson: "Do you think there might be a better time to annoy me about my wife?"
House: "I'm talking about poker."
Cuddy: "Women are evil, you're right to drive them away. Call fold or raise. Story time can wait!"
House: "We're smaller and better than chimps, bigger and worse than gorillas. For all our rationality, our supposed trust and fealty to a higher power, our ability to create a system of rules and laws; our baser drives are more powerful than any of that. We want to control our emotions, but we can't. If we're happy, things don't annoy us. If, on the other hand, we're sitting on crappy hold cards, little tiny things annoy us a whole lot more. I raise."
Wilson: "So are you going to tell me an annoying story everytime I raise?"
House: "God, that would be annoying."
- Foreman: "House usually avoids cases. If he's actually stealing a case from Cuddy, there's gotta be a reason."
Chase, speaking of the 12 year old file that House is comparing this case to: "That's not the first time I've seen this file. About a month before Cameron was hired, some trucker came in here with these symptoms. House decided he was dying. Two days and a spinal tap, a bone marrow extraction, and three colonoscopy's later, we send the guy home with a bunch of painkillers and a diagnosis of a bad cheese sandwich. One of the guys who worked here before me said House tried to cure Esther at least three other times. You know how people see the Virgin Mary in Danishes and stuff? Someone died 12 years ago and House doesn't know why. House sees that case now in paint peeling and clouds and now in this poor kid."
- Cameron: "I'll page Cuddy."
House: "No you won't."
Cameron: "She thinks the kid has a stomach ache."
House: "She'll come right up here and do one of two things. If she agrees with me, I don't need her. If she disagrees I don't want her."
Foreman: "You can't handle people disagreeing with you? She might have a different take on this."
House: "Subordinates can disagree with me all they want, it's healthy. People who can shut me down on the other hand— Forget Cuddy, I'll have Wilson keep her busy."
- House, gives poker advice over the phone to Wilson over several hands (without seeing any of cards Wilson cards) in order to keep Cuddy at the poker table: "Go all in."
Wilson: "You obviously want to bust me. Why would you—"
House: "Either you go all in or I tell everybody in the building that you're wearing toenail polish."
Wilson: "I'm all in."
Cuddy: "I'll call. I'm betting you have a pair of threes, but even if you have three, it's not going to beat triple nines."
Wilson, turning over his cards one at a time: "Oh, oh, oh no, oh no! Oh, Ohhh that's gotta hurt."
House: "What happened?"
Wilson: "I just killed two birds with one straight. Goodbye."
House: "Fine, keep playing, but I need you to recommend a good Oncologist because if I don't get one up here in the next few minutes, I got a dead 6-yr-old."
- Wilson, realizing the kid they are trying to diagnose has the same symptoms that House has tried to find in others before this - symptoms similar to the ones that killed a case he had years ago: "This other patient, the old lady. Esther?" He pauses. "Have you read Moby Dick?"
House: "It was a book?"
Wilson: "It was 10 years ago."
Wilson: "Obsession is dangerous."
House: "Only if you're on a wooden ship and your obsession is a whale. I think I'm in the clear."
Wilson: "You do realize it's a metaphor?"
House: "You do realize that the point of metaphors is to scare people from doing things by telling them that something much scarier is going to happen than what will really happen? God I wish I had a metaphor to explain that better. Go back to the game. Don't worry, I'm not going to get even by witches."
- Wilson, talking about the case from 12 years ago which House never solved: "So, Esther can rest peaceful now, huh?"
Wilson: "You got lucky...."
House: "What I do, is not just based on the flip of a card."
Wilson: "You guessed. You got lucky."
House: "It fit."
Wilson: "It could just as easily have been sarcoma or tuberous sclerosis."
House: "No, not just as easily."
Wilson:"Maybe not. But it wasn't impossible...."
House: "You know, relative to it's size, the barnacle has the largest penis of any animal."
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase.
Guest Cast: Laura Allen as Sarah; Mackenzie Astin as Alan; Carter Page as Ian; Al Espinosa as Dr. Wells; Michelle Harrison as Nicole.