- First Broadcast
Dr. Allison Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) escorts a sick young man, Matt Davis (John Patrick Amedori) and his mother, Margo Davis (Roxanne Hart), to treat what appears to be a drug-related illness in the HOUSE episode "Poison" originally aired Tuesday, Jan. 25 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2005 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Chris Haston/FOX.
- January 25, 2005
- Writer / Director
- Matt Witten / Guy Ferland
- The patient
- A teenage boy, Matt, who has been poisoned. But by what?
- How House gets involved
- Foreman brings him the case and House accepts it only when Foreman agrees with House's claim that he doesn't care about the kid but finds the case intriguing
- The mis-diagnoses
- House thinks at first that it is drugs. Foreman and Cameron think it is a food toxin. Then Chase suggest pesticide poisoning (they find several possibilities but the medication for each of them just makes Matt worse).
- The privacy invasion / major ethical breach
- House sends Foreman and Cameron to the patient's house to find the stash of drugs he assumes are there.
- The final diagnosis
- Phosmet (a pesticide) picked up through the skin from some jeans he had bought off the back of a truck.
- The clinic patient(s)
- Georgia, an 82 year old woman, who is feeling sexy and who starts flirting with House and later sends him a poem, which Wilson intercepts and reads in public.