- First Broadcast
Dr. Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) and Dr. Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) try to understand Dr. House's unorthodox methods in the episode "Fidelity"; Tuesday, Dec. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2005 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Scott Garfield/FOX
- December 28, 2004
- Writer / Director
- Thomas L. Moran / Bryan Spicer
- The patient
- Woman who has been sleeping 18 hours a day.
- How House gets involved
- Cameron brings the case to him and he finds her interest to be interesting.
- The mis-diagnoses
- At first everyone thinks it is clinical depression but the team dismisses that and goes for a diagnosis of a tumor then they modify that to breast cancer attacking the brain. Then they have two different possibilities: Rabbit Fever and African Sleeping Sickness
- The privacy invasion / major ethical breach
- House sends Foreman to check out where she works (which hardly qualifies as one of their usual invasions of privacy).
- The final diagnosis
- African Sleeping Sickness caught from sexual infidelity.
- The clinic patient(s)
- Pre-school teacher with unusually large "silicon" enhanced breasts who is suffering from shortness of breath (House tells her her husband doesn't want to have sex with her).
- From TV Guide:
- A 31 year-old woman (Myndy Crist) sleeps 18 hours a day, and when she's awake she's irritable. It isn't depression, but it will be fatal if House doesn't figure out what it is. Ed: Dominic Purcell.
- For more information on the plot