- First Broadcast
Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie, L) and Omar Epps (Dr. Eric Foreman, R) treat a baby with an undiagnosed disease in the HOUSE episode "Maternity" first aired Tuesday, Dec. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and rerun Tuesday June 14 on FOX.
©2004 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Darren Michaels/FOX.
- December 07, 2004
- Writer / Director
- Peter Blake / Newton Thomas Sigel
- The patient
- Babies born at the hospital
- How House gets involved
- He is watching a soap in the maternity doctor's lounge when he over hears them talk about a baby that just got sick. Then he discovers another and another and finally convinces Cuddy they have an epidemic.
- The mis-diagnoses
- The think it is bacterial and treat with antibiotics.
- The privacy invasion / major ethical breach
- House decides to treat the two sickest babies differently, taking one off the two anti-biotics they have them on and taking the other off the other one. He decides which gets taken off of which anti-biotic by flipping a coin.
- The final diagnosis
- Virus. They narrow down the possible viruses, test the blood of the babies and decide on one virus which they find an experimental treatment for.
- The clinic patient(s)
- A woman who is pregnant but is afraid her husband is not the father of the baby.
- Takes Place
- November of 2004 (five months before the delivery of the clinic patient's baby in "late March")
- For information on this episode: