Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) has something interesting to share with House (Hugh Laurie) in the "Gut Check" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, April 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2012 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Jordin Althaus/FOX
7th Season DVD
- April 9, 2012 at 9 ET & PT, 8 CT & MT (New Time)
- Download this episode a day or so after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Jamie Conway & David Hoselton
- Directed by
- Miguel Sapochnik
- "Everything I Do Gohn Be Funky (From Now On)" from Lee Dorsey
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- A HOCKEY PLAYER’S ON-ICE FIGHTING TAKES A TURN FOR THE WORSE
ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE"
MONDAY, APRIL 9, ON FOX
House and the team take on the case of a 22-year-old minor league hockey player who collapsed while coughing up blood after a fight on the ice. Meanwhile, House drops a bomb on Wilson, and Chase offers to help Park change her living arrangement in the “Gut Check” episode of HOUSE airing Monday, April 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-816) (TV-14 D, L, V)
- Patient of the Week
- Bobby Hatcher, hockey player with the "Juniors", who collapses after a fight in which he wasn't touched.
- How House gets involved:
- The case is assigned to him after the ER couldn't figure out the problem after they ruled out trauma.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- The final diagnosis
- Mono complicated with Miller-Fisher syndrome
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- Taub gets a light bulb when House uses a metaphor. House takes credit for the metaphor and accepts Taub's diagnosis.
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
House (Hugh Laurie) and Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) have dinner together in the "Gut Check" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, April 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2011 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Jordin Althaus//FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Odette Annable as Dr. Jessica Adams; Charlyne Yi as Dr. Chi Park
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Greg Finley as Bobby; Christian Lalonde as Szabo; Will Shadley as Duncan; Joe Kelly as Linesman; Stephanie Whitfield as Waitress; Saachiko as Popo; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse.
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- House has been riding Taub hard about his lack of objectivity about their patient and Taub comes to him to say, "Take me off the case. I've obviously completely lost my objectivity. I'm not helping. I'm not even neutral."
"Agreed. So why shouldn't I take you off all my cases?"
"Because you were right, I hate bullies"
"You work for me"
"You're not a bully."
"I'm pretty sure I am, dickwad."
"I've known a lot of bullies. People who didn't like me because I'm short. People who didn't like me because I'm Jewish."
"Yeah, I get it. There's a long list of reasons not to like you."
"You relentlessly mock but it's not for self-aggrandizement. It's because ideas are bigger than feelings. At least that's what I choose to believe. I also thought you had the side-effect of desensitizing me." Taub turns to walk out.
"You little Hebe. Here's some ideas for you. You screwed up! And you kept screwing up. Everything you said is true. Except--- It doesn't mean you walk away. You just learn to trust nothing. Everything you think you feel. Everything you think you know. Question every call. Play through every whistle."
Something changes for Taub. "I just had a light bulb. Maybe"
"You can trust light bulbs."