House (Hugh Laurie) watches as Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) and his girlfriend Sam (guest star Cynthia Watros), spend time together in the morning in the HOUSE episode "Open and Shut" airing Monday, April 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
- April 26, 2010
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Sara Hess & Liz Friedman
- Directed by
- Greg Yaitanes
- "The Way that You Want Me"
- Patient of the Week:
- Julia, 35, who is in an open marriage.
- How House gets involved:
- The team brings it to him when he gets in in the morning and they mention the open marriage so House wants to meet her.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Chase and Thirteen invade the patient's home. And House tries to break up Wilson's love affair.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- intestinal blockage and then they search for what caused it and check out parasitic cause later they find a racing heart which leads them to a blood clot in the lungs. Later they investigate intussusception through surgery. Now they also have kidney failure.
- The final diagnosis
- The patient's husband brings her lilacs from their garden and House remembers that his father wouldn't have them because they draw bees. He asks Julia if she has had a bee sting and when she says yes, they know if is Henoch-Schönlein purpura (except that that always includes a rash which she doesn't have but which House finds in her mouth).
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
- Taub's wife at first gives permission for him to have an affair but later backs out. But at the end, he goes off with the girl he has been flirting with.
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- A PATIENT "OPENS" UP ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE"
MONDAY, APRIL 26 ON FOX
Sarah Wayne Callies ("Prison Break") and Cynthia Watros Guest Star
House and the team take on the case of a woman Julia (guest star Callies), who is in an open marriage and becomes ill during a date with her on-the-side boyfriend. As perplexing as the case is, Julia's happy and healthy, yet polygamous relationship is equally baffling to the team. Meanwhile, House tests Wilson's relationship with Sam (guest star Watros) in the all-new "Open and Shut" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, April 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-619) (TV-14 D, L, S)
House (Hugh Laurie, C) and the team (L-R: Olivia Wilde, Jesse Spencer, Omar Epps and Peter Jacobson) treat a patient who has seemingly routine symptoms but leads an unorthodox lifestyle in the HOUSE episode "Open and Shut" airing Monday, April 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen/Dr. Remy Hadley
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Jennifer Crystal Foley as Rachel Taub; Cynthia Watros as Sam Carr; Sarah Wayne Callies as Julia; Rob Evors as Tom; Erica Teeple as Evelyn; Danna Brady as Maya; Charlie Weber as Damien; Liz Benoit as Nurse Anne
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- House comes in to breakfast just as Wilson's 1st ex-wife, Sam, is leaving and he notices her putting away the milk. She says as she walks out the door, "Bye, House."
"Have a nice day."
Wilson thinks that doesn't sound that much like House and repeats, "'Have a nice day.' How civilized."
"I said I'd stay out of it."
But House makes a face that Wilson notices so he asks, "What?"
"House, on a list of yoiur attributes, there's nothing that even rhymes with 'coy'."
"Okay, I mah have seen somethhing in the fridge. Like the end of your relationship. She put the milk in the door, not on the shelf."
"It's not a big deal."
"You hate that she did that but you didn't say anything."
"You're trying to get us to fight."
"No, I'm trying to help. If you've got an issue, let her know."
"I should have known you were going to sabotage this."
"Fine. Stew in your irritation. And sure last time it bubbled over into resentment and rage leading ultimiately to a painful divorce that neither of you ever really recovered from, but I'm sure this time it will be great." House walks out of the room and Wilson immediately goes to move the milk to the shelf.
- Wilson later asks her to put her cup on a coaster and that leads to a conversation that later while he is dressing leads to him saying, "I spent two years of residency wearing shirts that were a size too small."
"How hard is it to ask me not to put them in the dryer? And I only did your laundry because you were never home."
"I didn't ask you to."
"Of course you didn't. You just got annoyed whenever you didn't have clean underwear."
"I never said I was annoyed."
"That's the point. You didn't say anything."
"So, I'm gettin a lecture on communication from someone who had her lawyer inform me our marriage was over."
- The story leaves them temporarily to go to watch Thirteen and Taub talk about his conversation with his wife about open marriage that didn't go well. Thirteen had seen him flirting previously and warned him that "if you want to go on a diet, you probably shouldn't hang out around the desert cart". Thirteen tells him, "I read a story that found that men who have multiple copies of a vassopressin receptor are twice as likely to be unfaithful. Maybe you're just one of those guys."
"So, my cheating's biologicalky predetermined? Fantastic."
"...I thought you'd be releived. That gets you off the hook. It's just genetics."
"I'm 5'6" and I have a receding hairline. I hate genetics."
- Back to the same conversation between Wilson and his ex-wife.
"You served me with divorce papers in the middle of a medical conference in New Orleans. I threw a bottle into an antique mirror." (Wilson is referring to what we previously learned was the event in which he met House.)
"Oh, you exhibited emotion? I wish I had known you were capable."
"I loved you. I thought I was going to be following you to Baltimore, remember. I called about apartments, set up interviews."
"How could you think we still had a real marriage. We hadn't had a conversation in months."
"Maybe because I was working two jobs to support us."
"No, no. It's because when you were home, it was like talking to a block of ice because you were so pissed off at me."
"I was killing myself so you could take that non-paying internship."
"That you said I should take."
"I was trying to be supportive. Why do I have to be the bad guy?"
"Expressing yourself does not make you the bad guy."
"Okay, then you were a selfish bitch."
- ---More to Come---