- September 28, 2009
House tells Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) that he is not ready to return to work in the HOUSE episode "Epic Fail" airing Monday, Sept. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Chris Haston/FOX
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Sara Hess & Liz Friedman
- Directed by
- Greg Yaitanes
- Starts soon after House gets out of the hospital.
- Patient of the Week:
- Vince is a computer game developer when suddenly his hands start "burning".
- How House gets involved:
- House at first resigns because he is afraid the way he practices medicine will take him back down the road he just got off of. But coming close to taking Vicodin for the pain that has come back, House self-medicates instead by solving the case Foreman and Thirteen have been working on through the internet.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- There was some talk of looking into the patient's apartment but the real beach was Foreman firing Thirteen and expecting her to stay as his girlfriend --- well maybe that was just stupid.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- The team of Foreman, Taub abd Thirteen come up initiall with diabetic neuropathy, hypothyroidism, complex regional pain syndrome. But the patient researches on the Internet and insists on being tested for mercury poisoning and then demands chelation therapy. But Foreman refuses. The team then consider Lyme disease and they rule out cocaine use. Thirteen then thinks it might be psittacosism but the patient develops a persistant erection and that rules it out. Foreman insists it is thrombocytosis. When the treatment causes more problems, Vince offers $25,000 to anyone on the Internet who can come up with a diagnosis.
- The final diagnosis
- Foreman realizes it is Fabry¹s disease and finds that Thirteen has already come to that conclusion by checking the Internet submissions.
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- AN AILING PATIENT SELF-DIAGNOSES BY POSTING HIS SYMPTOMS ONLINE
ON "HOUSE" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, ON FOX
House returns home to Princeton where he continues to focus on his recovery, but surprises Cuddy with the news that he's making a big change in his life. Meanwhile, the team is unable to diagnose a loud-mouthed video game creator who posts each new symptom on the internet and opts for treatments suggested by the online community rather than by the doctors, and Foreman angles for House's job, but the pressure to solve the case creates tension in his relationship with Thirteen in the "Epic Fail" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Sept. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-603) (TV-14 D, L)
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
There will be a slight delay in getting these up.
I have broken my arm and typing is a problem. If there is anyone out there with any favorite piece of dialog from this episode and you have a moment to type it up, please email it to me and I will check it and put it up and credit it to you (send me how you want the name to read).