House (Hugh Laurie) and Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) retrace the events leading up to a serious bus accident in the HOUSE season finale episode airing Monday, May 19 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2008 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Greg Gayne/FOX
- May 19, 2008
- Download this episode
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our pages to order your download)
- Written by
- Peter Blake & David Foster & Russel Friend & Garret Lerner
- Directed by
- Katie Jacobs
- Patient of the Week:
- How House gets involved:
- House knows something relevant that he can't remember. And Amber is Wilson's girlfriend. And he cares.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- The usual plus lying to the doctor at the other hospital to convince him that Wilson is Amber's husband.
- One of the things they consider is heart damage and Chase is going to go into the heart to check --- since it has stopped and she is on by-pass so nothing else will give them the answer. But before they start the operation, they discover she has liver damage. When House has a dream that Amber has a rash and they discover that she does, it is thought she might have influenza but the decide it is an allergy. Then they decide it is an autoimmune disease
- The final diagnosis
- When the accident happened, Amber's kidneys were damaged. Dialysis can clean her body of many things, but not the medicine she had been taking for her flu. That is building up in her body and poisoning all her organs.
- Clinic Patient(s)
- Additional Information
- Kutner is Indian and his parents were killed when their store was robbed when he was six.
- Thirteen has Huntington's for which there is no cure - she will not know when the symptoms will start to appear that will eventually leave her unable to work or take care of herself.
- House almost dies when under deep brain stimulation he has a seizure which makes his skull fracture worse and causes a bleed
- Amber dies because she is on a bus and she is only on the bus because House called Wilson to be picked up because he was drunk and Amber comes to pick him up but he goes off to take the bus instead and she follows him to protect him.
- Quotes (Quotations), Dialogue
(Preliminary - these quotes have not been verified)
- Wilson insists that they be sure before bringing Amber out of her cold state. House decides to go along with what Wilson wants. Foreman objects. "That's the safer course?"
"It is if we're wrong."
"When did we start assuming we were wrong?"
- Wilson is so worried about Amber, he doesn't want any change until he can be assured it will save her. He finally admits it to House as an approach to ask him for something major. "I was afraid to do anything. I thought if everything just stopped, it would be okay."
"And its gonna be. Taub's starting the treatment. We're doing everything—"
"Not everything. Before you warm her up. You said you wanted to try deep brain stimulation."
"But there's no reason. We kmow the sumptom. We know what I saw."
"What if it's not the rash? What if you noticed the rash in the ambulance or when we were putting her on by-pass? What if there is still something else?"
House is quiet for a moment as he realizes that Wilson is more worried about Amber than about him. He finally puts it into words, "You think I should risk my life to save Amber's."
Wilson can't say it but he finally nods. House sighs and finally he also nods.
- Wilson asks Amber, "Why aren't you angry?"
"That's not the last experience I want to remember."
- House tells Amber after her death, "Life shouldn't be random.... lonely misanthropic drug addicts should die in bus crashes and young do-gooders in love who get dragged out of their apartments in the middle of the night should walk away clean."
"Self-pity isn't like you."
"No well I'm branching out from self-loathing and self-destruction. Wilson is gonna hate me."
"You kinda deserve it."
"He's my best friend."
"I know." Amber then asks. "What now?"
"I could stay here with you."
"Get off the bus."
House doesn't want to go back to reality. "It doesn't hurt here.... I don't want to be in pain. I don't want to be miserable. And I don't want him to hate me."
" Well, you can't alwys get what you want."
- More to Come