Dr. Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) tries to persuade House that he needs a new team in the season premiere of HOUSE airing Tuesday, Sept. 25 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2007 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Isabella Vosmikova/FOX
- September 25, 2007
- Video from the Episode
- Four Clips from the show are available from our spoilers page.
- Teleplay by
- Peter Blake & David Shore
- Story by
- Peter Blake
- Directed by
- Deran Serafian
- Download this episode
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available about five days after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Starts two weeks after the Season Finale of the last season. Cuddy says, "You've spent the last two weeks doing absolutely nothing."
- Patient of the Week:
- At first it is Megan who was in a building that exploded. At the end, the patient is Liz.
- Have two Patients ever been mistaken for each other?
- How House gets involved:
- Without a team, House hasn't taken a case for two weeks. Cuddy forces him to take this one and tells him he needs a team. House agrees to take the case on his own and if he solves it by the end of the day, she agrees that she won't bother him for a week.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- 1) House introduces a janitor to Megan's family as Dr. Buffer so that the janitor can act as an assistant. 2) When the janitor refuses to break into Megan's home, House invites Wilson to lunch and instead takes him to the home and breaks a window to get in.
- The final diagnosis
- The reason why House's diagnoses weren't working as he expected is that the patient was not the person who he had a history on so she was alergic to drugs he hadn't anticipated, etc.
- Clinic Patients
- What is the symbol on the t-shirt House wears in part of this episode?
- OmniPeace sells the t-shirt in order to benefit Africa
(this info posted by "chickleta" on the Television Without Pity's House Forum).
House (Hugh Laurie) begins his own game of "Survivor" as he interviews candidates for his new team
in the season premiere of HOUSE airing Tuesday, Sept. 25 (9-10 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2007 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Photo Credit: Isabella Vosmikova/FOX
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue:
- Wilson gets upset when Cuddy agrees that if House solves the case alone by the end of the day, she will not bother him for a week. Wilson tells her, "It's not going to work."
"If he solves the case, we cure the girl."
"And prove he doesn't need a team."
"He's not going to solve the case. Not that fast."
"Because he needs a team. And this will prove to him—"
"You want to change his mind about something? You need a more convincing argument than 'You promised'."
- After House takes Wilson with him to break into the patient's home, Wilson gets an idea and starts cutting out letters from a newspaper. House asks what he is doing, "There's a sale on liquid Tide."
"If you're broke, I can lend you a tiny bit of the money I owe you."
"Oh, no. I wouldn't put you in that position."
Later House finds his guitar missing with a note that in cut out letters says, "I have your guitar. Tell no one. Await my instructions."
When the phone rings, House answers with "Wilson, you idiot." Ane while the kidnapper makes demands in a distorted voice, House heads for Wilson's office where he demands, "Give it back."
"What happened? Did someone kidnap your guitar? A $12,000 1967 Flying V? Or something? I am flattered you would consider me this bold and brilliant—" Wilson holds up a newspaper with cut out letters and pretends to read.
After a little more, House demands, "What do you want?"
"Me? Nothing. But I'm sure the kidnapper wants what every kidnapper wants, to see you interview five to seven qualified fellowship candidates."
"I don't need a team."
- House finally gives in and goes to Wilson to get his guitar back, "Just give me the damn resumes.... And my guitar."
"I don't have it. Although I did hear some plangent strumming from under that couch earlier." When House looks there, Wilson tells him, "Wow. This kidnapper isn't just bold, he's diabolical. I guess he realized he probably shouldn't give it back to you until after you've had the interviews."
- House shows Wilson a box with the guitar equivalent of a severed finger. Wilson seems to be appalled. "Oh... my... God. This guy means business. Or guys. Could be multiple... Could be multiple guys. Or a gal. Who knows? All I can say is, this reeks of boldness."
"I am not hiring a team.
"You ever tighten a guitar string really, really slowly? Past the point it can handle the strain? It makes this weird... sound. Almost like a scream."
- Wilson goes to see House later. House is analysing information on the patient via a monitor, "I thought this was gonna be fun. I mess with you, you mess with me. Eventually, you give in. But you've shown a startling lack of humor, which got me thinking."
"What's the real reason you won't hire a team?"
"I told you, I don't need a team."
"Then hire three people and let 'em sit on their asses."
"That wouldn't be right."
"Three years ago, you hired a team. What's changed?"
"I've become a man of principle. I've gotten smarter. What answer will make Socrates shut up?"
"What's changed is, you hired a team. You connected with a team. You worked with a team. And you lost a team."
House mutters at the monitor, "Damn. There's no abnormalities in her pancreas."
"You fall in love, you get married. Fifty percent chance it'll end in misery. Hiring employees can be even tougher. Because you know, eventually, they're gonna leave."
House refuses to respond to Wilson and instead talks about the patient, "There's increased T2 signal on her hepatic capsule. If you know what I mean."
"You got hurt. Get over it."
"Now, if you'll excuse me, my patient is about to start bleeding out of her mouth and anus."
- House moves one of Wilson's patients in retaliation. Wilson storms at House, "You stole my patient."
"You kidnapped my guitar."
"Give him back."
"Only when you give her back."
"It's a 'she'?"
"Well, it's certainly not a dude."
"It's a guitar! You took a human being!"
"Now who doesn't have a sense of humor? I'm monitoring the guy remotely."
"What are you, listening for the distant sound of screaming?"
"The nurses know to call me."
"They don't know who he is!"
"His name's right there on the chart. Now go away. I'm working."
"They give him the wrong meds, who the hell knows what's gonna happen?" This makes House realize something and while he thinks of the implications, he sort of spaces out and Wilson shouts, "House!"
"Bad things would happen. He's in room three-one-eight."
- Towards the end of the episode Cuddy tells House, "You were wrong about needing a team. She almost died."
"So, I almost need a team."
"You were content with your 'People are idiots' theory. Cameron would never have accepted that this guy knew nothing about the love of his life. And as soon as you claimed it was multiple conditions, Foreman would have done anything to prove you wrong and then Chase would have done anything to prove you right. And any one of them would have solved this days ago. Hire a team. I don't care how you do it. Just do it."
- House is plucking at his guitar as he says to what turns out to be a classroom full of doctors, "Sometimes I am wrong. I have a gift for observation, for reading people in situations. But sometimes I am wrong. This will be the longest job interview of your life. I will test you in ways that you will often consider unfair, demeaning and illegal and you'll often be right. Look to your left! Now, look to your right. By the end of six weeks one of you will be gone. As will 28 more of you. Wear a cup."