Dr. Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) receives flowers from a young boy who has a crush on her in the HOUSE episode "Act Your Age" airing Tuesday, April 17 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Also pictured: Dr. Robert Chase (Jesse Spencer).
©2007 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Isabella Vosmikova/FOX.
- April 17, 2007
- Written by
- Sara Hess
- Directed by
- Daniel Sackheim
- Reviews on Other Sites
- Virilization of Young Children After Topical Androgen Use by Their Parents (this link is from "marty118" at the Television Without Pity's House Forum:)
- How House Gets Involved
- Cuddy brings him the file just as he and the team are leaving for the day. She says, "Restrictive pericarditis.". House says. "Boring" to which Cuddy says, "She's in Kindergarten" and after a bit more, House tells his team, "Round up the usual suspects." He leaves but the team has to start the tests.
- The patient of the week:
- Lucy, who is in kindergarten has developed signs of old age including heart disease, arthritis, and then she has a stroke and they discover she has started menstruation). Her brother also shows signs of age inappropriate symptoms.
- The mis-diagnoses
- They think it might be fungal or Lupus of Kawasakis. When they discover that Lucy has startd menstruation, they try to figure out where she might be getting extra hormones from considering tumors to environmental causes.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- Chase and Cameron investigate the patient's home and it isn't clear whether they have permission.
- The final diagnosis
- Dad has been taking male enhancement cream and although it wasn't in his home, he was secreting extra homones through his skin.
- The clinic patient(s)
- A guy whose urine shows him to be pregnant.
- House's New Shoes
- "iamdaffodils" posted on the Television Without Pity's House Forum:
"House... had them on in Airborne too.... they're Nike Dunkeros."
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue:
- Chase to Cameron (while they search the patient's home) after the boy gives Cameron flowers which they discover he took from another patient's room: "Why did you take the flower? Why'd you kiss him?"
Cameron: "He did something sweet."
Chase: "He stole flowers!"
Cameron: "He's eight."
Chase: "You're trying to make me jealous."
Cameron: "Yeah, I want you to profess your love for me. Oh wait, you already did that and it caused me to end our relationship."
Chase: "You're enabling a thief. And a delinquent! (Chase has found some school records and looks them over) Letters from school, fights, detentions, a parent conference, oh I know, I know, bad boys are hard to resist."
Cameron: "It's a crush, it's harmless."
Chase: "It's never harmless."
Cameron: "So I'm learning."
Chase: "So this is us now? We snipe at each other?"
Cameron: "I'm not sniping I'm looking for a vent, her room's directly above the garage there's all sorts of CO sources down there...."
Chase: "This isn't right. You dumped me you don't get to be mad."
Cameron: "We had a really good thing, you broke the rules, I'm angry. I'll get over it."
- House had been given two tickets to a play and he passed them on to Wilson and told him to take someone he wanted to see naked. The next day, Cuddy tells House, "I went to a play...."
House: "What play?"
When House figures out that Wilson took Cuddy to the play, he goes to find Wilson who is eating in the Hospital cafeteria: "You're trying to have sex with Cuddy."
Wilson offers House some of his food: "Fries?"
"You took her to a play, you only take women to plays because—"
"No, You only take women to plays for that reason. That's your theory."
"Ok, then why did you take her to a play?"
"She's a friend."
"A friend with a squish mitten."
Wilson: "It is possible to have a friend of the opposite sex without—"
"Blasphemer! She's not a friend of the opposite sex she's a different species. She's an administrator. She's going to eat your head after she's done."
"Yes, I slept with her."
"Yes you did."
"Yes I did."
"No. You've got a problem House."
- Later Wilson comes to House as House buys a magazine: "You were right."
House: "Of course I was, what are we talking about. They printed my letter."
Wilson: "Great. Cuddy."
House: "You want to see her naked."
Wilson: "No no no, she wants to see me naked. She sent me flowers."
House: "Just thanking you for the play. You see some people fell an emotion called gratitude."
Wilson: "There's a card."
House: "I suspected, explains how you knew who they were from.
Wilson reads from the card: "Lets do it again. Soon. X X. Lisa. X's are the kisses right?"
House: "No— I think they're the hugs. I think O's are the kisses."
Wilson: "No, no, X's are definitely the kisses. Soon is its own sentence...."
House walks away from Wilson and catches up to Cuddy: "They printed my letter. How was the play Mrs Lincoln?"
Cuddy: "What's up with Wilson?"
House: "He's just a little freaked."
House: "I sent him flowers."
- Cameron later tells Chase: "I didn't realise you were going to get hurt. I'm sorry I misled you."
Chase: "You didn't. You have feelings for me. You come back to me again and again."
Cameron: "For sex. It's a simple, physical—"
Chase: "C'mon, you have feelings for puppies and patients that you barely know but when it comes to a guy that you've worked with for three years? Had sex with, spent the night with, you're telling me you feel nothing? Absolutely nothing?" (They are interrupted before she can respond to this.)
- Wilson later asks House what he should do about Cuddy and House answers: "Just be straight with her."
Wilson: "I'm not sure what that is. I— I can't stop thinking about her."
"In what way?"
"Maybe she's right, maybe— maybe this is worth exploring?"
House: "You sure she feels—"
"She sent me flowers! How do I do this? What do I say?
"Cameron would tell you to say how you feel. Me, I'd get her drunk."
"I'm not going to say anything. I'm just going to walk into her office, and I'm going to kiss her."
"That's— a bold move, Cuddy likes bold. Yeah your right, if you spoke you'd say something stupid."
Wilson: "Yeah, and I'll either get a girlfriend or get fired. Ok— yeah ok." Wilson is trying to give House a chance to tell him something but when House doesn't take the bait, Wilson walks out and then a moment later bursts back in. "You, you you you! You were going to let me do that?"
"Well you made a compelling argument."
"You sent those flowers to me!"
"Yes because, you took her to a play because actually you do want to march down there and kiss her."
"No! I don't!"
"Yes you do."
"No. You're a jerk."
House as Wilson walks out: "Night Wilson."
- Cameron finds flowers above her locker, the card says, "Not Stolen": "They're beautiful." She turns around to find Chase. "I thought about what you said, and I really don't want a relationship with you."
Chase: "I know. I also know you like flowers."