The second season of HOUSE premieres Tuesday, Sept. 13 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron.
©2005 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Michael Lavine/FOX.
- First Broadcast
- November 22, 2005
- Writer / Director
- Liz Friedman / Gloria Muzio
- Kalvin, a young man with AIDS, who has symptoms that other doctors cannot explain.
- How House gets involved
- The young man "stalks" House and when he grabs House's cane and House suddenly lets go, the man stumbles and goes into shock.
- The mis-diagnoses
- House insists Kalvin has an opportunistic infection, Chase suggests acute berylliosis after finding old light bulbs in Kalvin's apartment, Wilson decides it is Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- House manipulates Stacy and tries to disrupt her relationship with her husband. Although Chase and Cameron investigate Kalvin's hotel room, that is hardly significant. And Cameron takes some of the patient's drugs.
- The final diagnosis
- "Parasitic cysts from a bug called equinococosis. Touch a dead fox, they jump aboard, they can hunker down for decades." Turns out Kalvin's dad has the same thing but it had been diagnosed as cirrhosis.
- The clinic patient(s)
- Instead of clinic patients, House treats a rat that he captures in Stacy's house.
- Notable incidents
- The introduction of Steve McQueen the rat, which House traps at Stacy's and diagnoses and cures and brings home.
- AIDS patient's blood gets on Cameron exposing her to HIV.
- Cameron takes drugs and seduces Chase.
- More Information:
- We got two emails. One from Russ and the other from Brian and Kim Bracher which pointed out that the front door of House's home says 221B. See a screen caption of the address clearly visible behind Wilson as he leaves House's home.
For more information on this episode:
- Episode Quotes (also search for quotes throughout the site using "207" as your search term.
- Wilson:"My offer's withdrawn, you can walk to work."
House: "Got it, you're morally outraged. Now, can we get through this part? 'cause the next part's awesome."
Wilson: "How do you rationalize something like this? You broke into Stacy's therapist's office—"
House [interrupting to correct a minor point]: Borrowed a key
Wilson: "—and stole her treatment notes!"
House: "Nope! I made copies. Mark is, and I quote 'Withdrawn, passive-aggressive, won't communicate, like he resents me because I can walk'."
Wilson: "I don't want to hear this."
House: "Dishes in the sink, toilet seat up. Meanwhile, she can't stop thinking about— I can't read that, is she obsessed with a Grey Horse? Or me?"
Wilson [not able to resist a look]: "It says she thinks you're an annoying jerk."
House: "It's a pet name. Here's the kicker
Wilson [looking]: They're not having sex?
- Wilson: "So now you've got to drum up another excuse to be around the love of your life. Could hit another patient."
House: "Nyah, don't like to repeat myself. People will say I'm formulaic."
Wilson: "Well that rules out letting the rat go so you can catch him again."
House: "I can't do that, Steve needs two weeks antibiotics and a smoke-free environment. Cigarettes aggravated his infection."
Wilson: "The rat is actually sick? That thing could infect the entire hospital!"
House: "Steve's infection is not contagious to humans...."
Wilson: "Yeah. Remember the Black Death? Started with rats."